Biomedical engineering improves human health by applying engineering principles and methods to medical problems. It is a discipline that advances knowledge in engineering, biology and medicine to improve human health through cross-disciplinary activities that integrate the engineering sciences with the biomedical sciences and clinical practice.
Biomedical engineers typically do the following:
- Design biomedicalequipment and devices, such as artificial internal organs, replacements for body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems.
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical
It might find themselves developing sensors that identify cancer biomarkers in blood. A device that mimics the blood-brain barrier for use in drug testing.
Biomedical engineers should follow the following skills:
- Careful measurement and analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail & a good eye for design.
- communication and team working skills
- Creative and technical ability to turn designs into products.
- Ability to empathize with patients.
Biomedical Engineers typically do the following works:
- Design biomedical equipment and devices, such as artificial internal organs, replacements for body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
- Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of biomedical equipment
- Research the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists
- Prepare procedures, write technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, non-scientist executives, clinicians, hospital management, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
To know biomedical engineering, their responsibility, their work towards society we have to give some specific knowledge to the public. That’s why we have to arrange some conference related to Biomedical Engineering.